Helen Findlay


My adventures in Middle Europe and The Colonies. This blog contains my own views and opinions and does not represent those of my employers, or any other organisation with which I am involved. Remember, just because it isn't Singletrackworld, doesn't mean it isn't shite !

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Last day at the Museum and dangerous white substances

It was my last day of work today for a while, a busy busy busy day of emailing, following Le Tour on cyclingnews.com and eating cakes ! I have to admit to a few wee tears, I met so many good people, and although my job wasn't always easy it was definitely never boring.

Said goodbye to the Goldfish on my way out.

Busy packing up the flat now, and heading down to England for the weekend for the British XC Nationals at Bringewood. Feeling fit, but injured my hand in one of my trademark stupid little crashes at the weekend, so not sure how I will go. But who needs to brake anyway ? I'll just Single Speed it...

Joke of the week, courtesy of my mother:

"Dangerous white substance found at Lions training session today.

The Lions Touring Rugby team training session was delayed today for nearly two hours.

One of the players, while on his way back to the dressing room happened to look down and notice a suspicious looking, unknown white powdery substance at the end of the field.

Coach Clive Woodward immediately suspended practice while the Police were called in to investigate.

After a complete field analysis, the Police determined that the white substance, unknown to the players, was the try line. Practice was resumed when the officials decided that it was unlikely that the team would encounter the substance again."